Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The mountain ablaze with papacidal splendour

Friends,

We are on the cusp of something exciting. If not immediately, sometime soon. Within our time here together. They say when the Pope dies, the lights on the cross on the mountain are turned to purple. You've heard this, right? An urban myth? No one seems to remember.

I knew one guy, Chris, who said: Wherever I am when he dies, I'm going to get in the car and head to Montreal, to see if it's true.

Let's gather together and experience whatever comes our way.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

purple? i thought it was red?

... once i had a friend visiting from england, and we went out drinking on st laurent, from south to north. by the time we got to rachel we were pretty smashed, and as we were crossing the street he looked to his left and grabbed my arm:

"uh -- am i have a vision, or can you see that floaty cross, too??"

although i was tempted to disavow any knowledge of said cross, it seemed unnecessary to prompt a religious conversion just for my amusement.

but maybe i can make him hurry back just before the pope konks out, to watch it with me.

-- AMT.

February 16, 2005 at 5:58 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

L'agence metropolitaine de transport reads my blog? Christ, if only the STM would get hip.

February 16, 2005 at 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home