Friday, March 25, 2005

Walk-by trashing

I was watching "The A-Team" on the boob tube last night when I heard what sounded like someone punching my front door. I dismissed this possibility almost immediately, though, thinking: a) I hadn't heard anyone walking up the front steps, which I can usually hear and b) why would someone deliver a solitary punch to my front door, and just leave it at that?

I decided that it was probably the neighbour acting up. She is known in the neighbourhood as a dog torturer, because she has two big black labs that stay cooped up in her small apartment for days at a time, barking like crazy and tearing the place apart, because she tends to go MIA. At any rate, I figured she was probably throwing things or doing something crazy. So I decided to step out onto the front porch to see if I could see any activity in her apartment. Upon opening the front door, however, I solved the mystery (or rather, the mystery solved itself). Lying on the porch directly in front of the door was a busted open garbage bag. Someone had taken a bag of trash from the street (it being garbage day the next day, there were plenty available) and chucked it at my front door!

The contents had spilled onto the porch and included an ice-cream scooper, an empty carton of ice-cream, cigarette butts, dessicated tea bags and ripped-up lottery tickets. I picked up the bag, spilling as little as I could, and put it in a garbage can out on the curb in front of the crazy neighbour's house. Then I used a snow shovel to scoop up the cigarette butts and tea bags.

In the park at the end of the street, there were some teenagers that had a miscreant air about them. I immediately blamed them in my head, but realized this was wild speculation. I had to be realistic: it's not like I haven't made enemies.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wirthy said...

Everyone has enemies, not unlike the "A-Team."

The last thing you want to do is annoy your neighborhood teens. The results won't be nice.

March 25, 2005 at 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home